Thursday, February 26, 2015

Medic-aging

Well, this morning I am off to a seminar about Medicare and all that. It is being run by the people Tom has his Medicare B with and with whom I imagine I will get my own. It is a company I had considered buying my individual insurance from back in the day when I was one of the tens of millions of Americans without health insurance. I was very impressed with what they offered, but they would not accept me because of pre-existing blood pressure issues. 

Once I went to work at the library, the union health insurance happily took me under its wing. After I retired from the library, knowing that Medicare was only a matter of months away, I stayed with the provider that I had through the union. Now I must make another decision.

Anyway, I hate fooling with all this sort of stuff, but what can't be cured must be endured. 

Oh, all that money in the background? That is the pile that insurance company investors roll around in every morning à la Scrooge McDuck. Some few bits were once mine for a brief moment in time.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Yep...very appropriate background for today's post Michael.

I detest govt red tape.

Ur-spo said...

I used to read Scrooge McDuck comic books: i got your reference!