Thursday, March 26, 2009

Borrowed from Tom

Warning to Kristin: Sad story!

Buddy


Helen wrote this morning that Buddy died, peacefully, during the night.

He had been slipping away since early February. During his most recent visit to the Dells, between Christmas and New Years, he slept much of the time. He still wanted his official walk on a leash every day, but I noticed that he didn't eat as much or as eagerly, and he wouldn't walk far.

In February, he lost interest in food, as his body shut down. During the last few weeks, he slept almost all of the time.

I'm sad to see him go. Buddy was a lively, lovely dog, good-tempered, friendly and curious, a delight to have underfoot.

Buddy was, on the other hand, no genius. Helen remarked that Buddy was the dumbest dog we ever had, and a dog that thought the sun rose and set on me. She was kind enough to refrain from mentioning a connection.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

*tear*

Frikkin' TEAR.

I will totally make our monthly donation the ASPCA in his honor. You can count on it. He was absolutely beautiful.

I feel sad I never got to meet him. He looks stunning in that photo.

Michael Dodd said...

He was a sweetie. We'll miss his visits.

Vincent said...

I read this post and it was very difficult to read! I send my thoughts and prayers to Buddy and and to Helen. He was a beautiful dog, he has a friend in my Bella in heaven!
Take care

The Hermit said...

I'm sorry I never got to meet Buddy. It sounds like he was a hoot.