Thursday, March 26, 2009

Energized [With an update]

The last couple of days I have piddled with the writing, but piddling doesn't get it done. Part of that was caused by a bit of anxiety over the delay with the Gratian book, which I really thought I would have had for sale about this time last week. Now that I know what the slow-up is, even though it is beyond my control, I feel better.
Update: The proof for the Gratian book shipped today. It should be in hand no later than Monday evening. So we're back on track!
And the last couple of days my energy has been taken up with the museum store job issue and my treasurer work for the District 19 meeting. The job issue overflowed into this morning because I wanted to write a letter to Dave to make sure that we are on the same page about the job description. After writing down my understanding of our meeting yesterday, I then found a job description template and tweaked it a bit to include for his consideration as he puts together his proposal for the board meeting next month.

Several things happened today, though, that perked my writing energy back up.

One, I got paid for ten books. (Always nice!) One payment included a request for a catalog of any future books, and the other payment included a long note from the nuns and a very generous check
"for the care and feeding of the owner of Pileated Press (assuming that this is MS Dodd!; if not, you keep it.) We want to make sure there is a steady supply of material coming from it."
With that kind of practical encouragement, I have to get to work, right?

Also, a book I had requested from the library to help with one of the chapters for the Elijah book arrived this morning. I will pick it up when I go over shortly to do my volunteer stint.

So the signs are pointing in the "get off your bum and write" direction for the moment.

No comments: