Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday follies

This morning I went over to the railroad and put in a few hours working on getting the museum store set up. We are still unpacking all the stuff that we took to the model train show in Madison last month, and we are supposed to be open to the public next weekend (April 4). It will get done, but it is one of those tasks where you basically just start and work your way outward in all directions until at some point you look around and realize it is all done. Not so much a start-here-and-go-there thing.

I will give some time to it again tomorrow. Tom may help, but he usually has other important things to do over there.

We had lunch at Culver's and Tom went back to the railroad. I did some grocery shopping and then worked away at the Elijah book in stops and starts. I am getting close to a finished first draft, and that is good.

Tom grilled pork chops outside, partly because the weather may not permit it tomorrow. The winter storm they were talking about keeps getting downgraded in the forecasts, and at this point we aren't expecting much.

Then we watched the movie Milk. I'm not always enthusiastic about serious message movies, but it was quite moving. (Sean Penn won an Oscar as Best Actor and Dustin Lance Black for Best Screenplay. Josh Brolin was nominated for Best Supporting Actor and he was excellent in what should have been a totally unsympathetic role.)

I am going to bed feeling chilled, although I took my temperature and am not running a fever. Maybe just too much sitting at the keyboard this afternoon and watching a long movie tonight.
----------
And yes, I know there is nothing sci-fi in this post -- until now!

No comments: