Saturday, March 21, 2009

Slightly soggy spring Satruday

For the first night of spring, we had rain late and a dusting of snow on the ground this morning, in patches.

The drive had been clean and dry, but you can see that it held some of the snow. The sun is shining and it is already above freezing, so most of the new stuff will disappear quickly. It should get up into the mid-50s (12-13 C) today and for most of next week. We also expect a lot of rain beginning Monday. There are still some places where piled up snow in the shade hasn't melted, but those temperatures and rain should take care of that.

I am making an apple dump cake to have for dessert tonight when John, Judi and Matt come for dinner.

Marty called and asked me to fill in for her at the library this morning, so I'll be heading over there soon.

Saw lots of cranes last night and yesterday a finch at the feeder looked like it was beginning to transition to yellow. I saw one pretty hefty hawk down at Berry and Birchwood.

What you can't see in the Spain picture, Kirstin, is that I had a mustache. Not much of one, I admit. But, oh for the days when this balding head could aspire to Beatle-hair-hood! Now when I brush Cassidy, I throw away more hair than I have on my head.

Speaking of cats, Tom bought them some low-fat catfood and they are loudly unimpressed. Sundance whined and whined all day, and we broke down and gave them some tuna. Then we went out and bought some of their old food and mixed it with the new. I thought we were going to try to gradually wean them onto the new stuff, but I heard Tom talking to Cassidy this morning and it sounds like we have lost that battle.

2 comments:

shera10 said...

Of course you have lost that battle! Do you forget? Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

Michael Dodd said...

So true!