Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grillin' and chillin'

It was a nice day today and after Tom dropped off some papers at the railroad, we went downtown and walked around. We did the RiverWalk and then wandered up and down looking into the junk shops. It's Spring Break time, so there were a number of tourists around. Some dudes even in t-shirts, but I don't think it was quite that warm.

Nonetheless when we got home, Tom put the deck chairs out and sat out there reading while I worked on my book for a while. He had bought stuff last night to make Chinese food for dinner today -- he is a great Chinese food cook! -- but decided the time had come for the first cookout of the year. So instead we had chicken kabobs. Very tasty and a reminder of how good just about anything is cooked on the grill.

Now I will have to get my Chinese fix elsewhere.

BTW, I see that Amazon sold another copy of the book today. Poco a poco, as they say in Spanish, or pole pole in Kiswahili.

Brother Bryan, who is the Marketing Director for ICS Pulbications, always told me that people buy books when you advertise. He would send out an ad and the book would sell. When sales slacked off, he would send out another flyer and it would sell again for a while. This coming week, I plan to send a mailing out to the Carmelite monasteries about the new book, and I will remind them that the mystery is also avaialble now on Amazon.com.

Meanwhile I plug along with Elijah and his ravens.

No comments: