Friday, March 13, 2009

Progress not perfection

After dinner this evening, the proof copy came of the next book. Tom's cover design looks great, but there were a handful of corrections that needed to be made to the text. So I inserted those and resubmitted it. With luck, this time next week the final proof will be here.

I always hope the next proof (the first one, the second one, the whatever one) will be the final one. I am getting better at catching errors along the way, and unless there is some major catastrophe, the next proof in this case will be the final one. I don't expect that this book will find readers outside of a small circle of Carmelites, and there is no need to spend too much time honing it for an audience I can expect to be forgiving. And it looks pretty good at this point.

No comments: