Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not much

Now that the weather is warmer, the bird feeders actually seem to get less business. I assume as the migratory birds start passing through, we will see more action and maybe some color. Right now except for the red patches on woodpeckers, it is mostly gray and brown and white -- kind of like the countryside.

I have noticed sand hill cranes around. Not right here, but a couple down by County H last week and a couple over across from Beaver Springs yesterday. Today there were a bunch of crows poking around in the field Jerry farms across the road. And I have heard some bird song, something I had not heard for a while.

Evelyn finished my book and liked it well enough to tell her sister to buy one. Now that's a good friend!

The Elijah book is coming along. I should start putting some time into the short story collections, too. When and if I start working regularly, I won't have all this leisure.

We had Chinese tonight. Sweet! (Well, not sweet sweet, but you know, Sweet!) We expect John, Judi and Matt for dinner Saturday, and if the weather holds, Tom will cook something on the grill.

I am cooking my Texas red chile for Thursday night. I made a run over to Wally World and they were out of fresh jalapeƱos. I wasn't happy, but this stuff has to cook for close to twelve hours and I couldn't count on them having any tomorrow morning early. So I got a jar of slices, but it won't be quite the same.

The cats are demanding attention, so I will mosey.

No comments: