Sunday, March 1, 2009

Texas Independence Day

We invited Peggy and Rich over for dinner Monday night to celebrate Texas Independence Day. I was tempted to make Frito Pie -- what could be more Texan or easier to make? But Peggy loves the enchiladas suizas that I make, based on a recipe from Sanborn's Casa de Azulejos Restaurant in Mexico City. So that is what it will have to be.

I was looking around for some sort of star-shaped napkin ring to use. We have some great Mexican-style dishes that go fine with the menu. But I wanted something Lone-Star-ish to mark the day. In Texas, of course, you would find things like that everywhere, but not so much around Wisconsin Dells. Next time I'm in Whitehouse, I'll have to get something to bring back up here. (Or not wait until the last minute to start looking!)

Another option was to fold the napkins like a star, but I couldn't find a way to do it that looked very good.

I get way too involved in things like this! I really need a regular job.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You're a host at heart like me!

Vincent said...

Kristin does the same thing!! She goes all out for the any situation.
Take care
VB