Monday, March 9, 2009

Publlishing for beginners

Today has been minor league annoying publishing stuff.

First, I sent Tom the text for the Flat Matthew journal for him to print on his better printer. Once that was done, we discovered that for some reason, some photos had not printed. So Tom decided to redo the whole thing from scratch.

While he did that, I packed myself and my laptop off to the library to finish a short story or two. (I finished one and made some progress on another.) While there, I was able to show Laura and Stephanie [the librarian and a volunteer who had agreed to be photographed with Flat Matthew and included in his adventures] their pictures online on the Flat Matthew blog. Steph, I think, was particularly pleased, and I thanked them both for being part of it.

Tom's reworking took longer than anticipated, and when he printed it out, there were problems again. Eventually, though, it got done, the journal was put together in a cover, packed in the box with the various souvenirs and ready to mail off to Matthew's school.

Meanwhile, I had received an order for books from a California monastery. So I got those packed up, the invoice printed and all that stuff and took it to mail at the same time.

And with a sigh of relief, we now await the proof copy of the Gratian book later in the week and all the stuff that will follow upon that.

No comments: