Monday, March 23, 2009

Update on Steve

I asked for prayers for my friend Steve Flower, and I wanted to update you. Yesterday it sounded like he was going to be sent home with the admonition to "eat healthy!"

But this morning we got this email:
I've been at St Luke's hospital in Maumee, Ohio since Friday morning - I came in when I started to have chest pains early in the morning. They've done a couple of heart scans, and have decided to do cardiac catheterization today at 2:30 ET (1:30 CT). While this procedure is a lot more "commonplace" than it was a dozen years ago, it's still a pretty invasive process.

Depending what they discover today will determine what steps they take. Hopefully, because these have been first symptoms, it will be minimal - but you never know. My guess is that I will be here 3-4 more days.

I'd appreciate your prayers as I go into this process. They will take me down about 1:00 ET for the prep process. My sisters and partner will be with me, so I'd ask you to keep Sue, Sandy and Chris in your prayers as well.
So keep up the prayers. Mama, tell Daddy that Steve has dedicated a lot of time and energy to DeMolay groups.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Side note: we have been going back & forth with Brother Brian to get that issue of Spiritual Life. I will NOT give up.

Michael Dodd said...

Remember I have an extra copy you are welcome to have.

Vincent said...

I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day