Monday, March 16, 2009

Summer time and the ... well, not quite.

Another warm day. Tomorrow it may actually hit 70 (21 C). Tom grilled sausage tonight, so we are still in cookout mode for a while. Later in the week we will be back to highs in the 40s (5C-10C) and rain. But for now it is springlike, if not summery.

Tom cooked hot Italian sausage for himself, but mine were made from lean turkey. Mama said she didn't know how I maintain my weight if we eat out so much, but I tend to avoid red meat, eat a lot of chicken and often when we eat out, I get a large salad with grilled chicken breast strips. So I fill up on lettuce. And then I am very faithful to the exercycle every day. Mama can't figure out why I don't gain more weight; I can't figure out why I'm not skinny!

There is an Irish shop in Baraboo, but they carry other Celtic items. Today I went by and got a Welsh flag pin. I figure I can wear it for St. Patrick, since it has green in it.

When I told the lady all I needed was the Welsh pin, she said, "You must be a Welshman, because you know what that is."

"Doesn't everyone?," I asked, knowing the answer was no.

She just laughed.

PS -- Another book sale on Amazon today. At this point, I think people must just be finding it on their own, so maybe there will continue to be a trickle of sales.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I've been reading your book tonight. I loooove it! I feel like I am being slow but I pace my reading so its normal for me.

Its like a picture a movie when I read it. I think you could convert it to a screenplay easily.

And the gray cat on the wall when you describe the city Pedro & John get to? YOU HAVE TO CAST ASTERIX!

Michael Dodd said...

Asterix will have to audition. Cassidy and Sundance have also expressed interest.

One of the students in Chicago was always trying to tell me who to cast for the movie. Of course, he hadn't read the book ...

Glad you are enjoying it.

shera10 said...

where is the monastery on the cover photo?

I spent 3 years in a religious boarding school, my teacher was alike Fray Angel,not in 1572, but in 1964.
I spent many half hours knelt behind the blackboard.

Michael Dodd said...

Cris,
I have to admit I am not sure where that monastery is. I took the photo in Spain when we were there on a trip in 1978. We actually visited the site of the Pastrana monastery, but the building there now (a Franciscan monastery) is not the original. I don't think this is a photo of Pastrana, and I chose it from my collection because it looks like a generic Spanish Carmelite monastery of that period.

Michael Dodd said...

Cris,
I have to admit I am not sure where that monastery is. I took the photo in Spain when we were there on a trip in 1978. We actually visited the site of the Pastrana monastery, but the building there now (a Franciscan monastery) is not the original. I don't think this is a photo of Pastrana, and I chose it from my collection because it looks like a generic Spanish Carmelite monastery of that period.