Monday, November 2, 2015

And in this corner, weighing in at ...

About 4:30 this morning, while I slept what I like to think was the sleep of the just, I was awakened by the sound of thunder cats running through the house, followed by hissing and growling and snarls. I got up and looked out the bedroom door to see what was up.

In the dim light, I saw Tom standing between the dining room and the living room and saying very firmly, "You two, stop it! Or I'm going to get your father!"



The cats separated, Sundance hid under the sofa and Cassidy, her fur puffed out to give her an even more portly silhouette than usual, stalked away.

I closed the door and crept back to bed, hoping to get some more sleep. 

I should have known better than to try.

Half an hour later, Sundance pushed the bedroom door open and came in. She went around the bed, prowling and growling. The cats are  not big believers in Daylight Saving Time and the changes this creates in their feeding schedule. (Maybe I should send them out to Ur-spo in Arizona?) I may have thought it was only five in the a. of m., but Sundance knew very well that it was six o'clock and past time for her to get her morning treats. She hopped up on the bed, poked her face in mine, walked over and around me and finally sat and stared.

I gave up, got up, fed the beasts and made my own breakfast.

Pets! You gotta love 'em, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I had a cat, lost her to a lung infection in Sept. of 2006. I would be woken up almost daily at 6:00am for more food. I work nights and even I'am in bed for at least three hours by then. Reminding her that she was last fed and Midnight doesn't help.