Tuesday, November 3, 2015

At the end of the day

It feels like later in the day. It is only 6:30, but the sun set before five. It will take a little time for me to adjust.

Meanwhile, I have put NaNoWriMo to bed for the night. The word count is 16,176. The Ditionary.com word for the day is landloper, meaning a vagrant. Since my winged boy comes and goes without anyone having any idea of where, and since he has no visible parents or any other means of support, I guess he might be considered a landloper. Anyway, I threw the word into a series of similar words -- hobo, tramp, vagrant, landloper -- that the narrator used when he was arguing with a local minister about who the kid was.

Last lines tonight:
            “Angelo’s not Satan, Daddy,” she said. “He’s not!”
            I put my arm around her and pulled her to me.
            “I know, honey. I know. But adults, well, sometimes adults are afraid of things they don’t understand.”
            I should know. I was one of them.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Your last lines make me want more!