Saturday, November 21, 2015

Just a little bit

What with snow and cold weather today, a busy week behind me and another busy one ahead, I felt like doing nothing much of anything today. That was my plan when I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning.

I lazed around for a while; visited with a friend who stopped by to talk to Tom and drop off some stuff to help with our packing; listened to a lecture on Egyptian archaeology and then one on the Julio-Claudian and Flavian emperors; read blogs; and found a bird video on YouTube to put on the television in the basement to keep the cats from bothering me.  Once they were occupied for a while at least,  I thought I would do just a bit of work on the novel. Just a little bit.

Which I did. I have now done an initial read-through/revision/edit of a third of what I had written. (The total text at this point is 153 pages in book format and I have worked on 51 of them.) If nothing else, I should get that process completed for the remaining two-thirds by Thanksgiving. As you can see, although it is over 50,000 words, the NaNoWriMo goal, it would be a pretty short book as it stands, about 3/4 the length of my John of the Cross mystery. There are a couple of  subplots that I have sketched out but that I need to develop. And the denouement will have to be adjusted accordingly.

National Novel Writing Month ends the Monday after Thanksgiving and I may just let things sit for a while at that point. Tom and I will be getting into the final stage of moving-prep and I will need to focus on that. 

Unless I need an occasional distraction ...

At any rate, I have been validated as a NaNoWriMo winner:


Huzzah! 

No comments: