Friday, November 13, 2015

Wildlife

This morning on the way back from the gym, I was distracted by an eagle flying above the road between here and Reedsburg. Although eagles are not uncommon in our area, I usually see them nearer to rivers and not circling above farm fields.

While I was talking on the telephone with my mother this afternoon, five V's of geese flew over, honking. It was sort of wave after wave after wave ...

And right after the geese flew over, I saw a deer in the yard to the side of the house. It must have heard me walking and talking because it turned to look. It didn't bolt and run, though, which is what usually happens when one sees me that close. I frequently see deer on the far side of Jerry's field across the road from us, and they sometimes watch me. But I must be too far to cause them any concern. Maybe this was one of those deer accustomed to the strange human who walks around with his hand to his ear for twenty minutes every afternoon at 4:30.

And that's the wildlife report for Friday, November 13. Let's be safe out there.

No comments: