Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you got.
Taking a break from all your worries,
It sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

~ Theme from "Cheers" 

I don't particularly want to go where everybody knows my name, nor am I especially worried. But today strikes me as a day to take a break from my writing. Not from the novel exactly, but from the actual writing. Here it is, halfway through November, and I am over 40,000 words toward my 50,000-word goal. I am thinking about taking my notebook instead of my laptop to Starbucks, sitting in a comfortable chair instead of at a hard table and just sketching in the rest of the story. I may wind up writing a wee bit after I come home, of course, because I am still the compulsive person I have been all month. Maybe not.



The word-of-the-day is indefatigable: incapable of being tired out; not yielding to fatigue; untiring. That's a much nicer word than compulsive, don't you think?

My computer wanted to download and install updates this morning, and that took over two hours. I rode the stationary bike -- BTW, anyone near Wisconsin Dells want a perfectly good stationary bike for free? -- and did laundry, wrapped up a few items that will be going to Madison, paid a bill, that sort of thing. 
To show you how compulsive I am, my computer just sent me a message to pay a bill tomorrow -- the bill I already paid this morning. It's things like this that make my credit score look so impressive, even though my personal assets are rather slim.
 There's an XFinity NASCAR race this afternoon. If Tom watches that, it will motivate me to go to Starbucks or to the library or somewhere.

No comments: