Monday, November 2, 2015

Stop me before I wrrite again!

Put in more time on the novel this afternoon and am now up to 10,986 words. Final paragraph at this point:

 As usual, Wayne’s advice was good. I worked up a good sweat out in the early afternoon sun, and by the time I got back to the house and took a shower, I felt better. Maybe he and Miz Missy were right. Maybe I could just wait this out. The kids would get tired of the story pretty soon. If I got all agitated, that would probably make them keep at it longer. Be cool, that was the thing. Cool and serene. Accept the things I cannot change, and all that crap. I toweled off, put on a pair of clean jeans and tee shirt and went to look in the freezer to see what to make for dinner.
The word of the day is desultory. Corny used it in complaining about a meeting and Wayne told him not to use a six-bit word when a penny one will do the job.

No comments: