Thursday, January 14, 2016

Carpe diem

Today we expect to get above freezing, all the way up to -- wait for it! -- 35 degrees [1.67 C] in the afternoon. A warm[er] day to seize after our recent spate of frigid air.

But winter is not over. Tomorrow is supposed to get just above freezing again, but Sunday the prediction is a high -- yep, high! -- of -2 [-18.89 C] and a low of -8 [-22.2 C] before things begin to inch back up later in the week.

It is a bit of a roller coaster. Which inspires me to share this snappy little number from "Phineas and Ferb" --



I always like Ferb's perspective on things: "Seize the day" is English for Carpe diem.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I don't think I could handle a 'minus' when it comes to temperatures!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Amazingly, this is my first Phineas and Ferb. Admittedly, it will likely be my last. But I hope the 'diem' you've 'carped' is much warmer than expected.

Anonymous said...

Gee that sounds cold!
Yesterday it was 38 degrees Celsius over here.
Tomorrow I head down the coast with my family to go camping at a beach in a national park. We're going with four other families with similar aged kids. It's going to be great!
Kato