Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hours, days, weeks, months, years fly by

The photo I posted earlier is of my parents, taken at Christmas a couple of years before my father died in 2011. 

My mother turned 87 last month and is doing well in her own home. 

They were married in 1947, sixty-nine years ago today. My father died just a few weeks short of his 90th birthday and a few months short of their 65th anniversary.

Tom, incidentally, was born in September, 1947. His birthday is one day before my father's. Although the year Tom was born, my father was still celebrating his birthday in October. If you want to know more about that, click here.

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

My parents were also married in 1947. In October. Sadly, my father died before their 40th anniversary, but it was still a good run. I love the story told on your father's 90th and 180th birthdays. Thanks for the link.