Monday, September 28, 2015

Comments

Kato -- after posting a quite thoughtful response to my question Am I the only one? -- asked if using the Anonymous profile is the only way to leave a comment if one does not have a blog of one's own. I am not sure. I understand that you can post comments if you have a Google or gmail account, even if you do not have a blog, and your comment links to that. (Not sure if that is correct.) People may not want to put such information out there for general consumption, and I understand that. 

I do appreciate it, though, when someone opts for Anonymous and then signs a name so that I have some idea who it is.

Some people create a blog on Blogger but never post anything on a blog. They use it only so that they can post comments on other blogs. So there are workarounds.

BTW, I screen comments, which means I read them before approving them to show up on the blog. Anyone who wants to reach me directly to initiate an email conversation can do so by posting a comment and noting that it is not for publication. You can give me an email address and I will get back to you. And then everything will be as private as anything on email can be, I suppose. 

PS -- Yesterday I had quite a few more pageviews than normal. I am not sure how many of those to attribute to Ur-Spo, but here's to him!

1 comment:

Michael Dodd said...

John Gray -- Hello, John! -- posted this comment that somehow disappeared without showing up:
"I read daily but seldom comment....oh shucks look at me...i just have"