Sunday, September 27, 2015

Dense


 Lately when I go to the gym early in the morning, there has been a lot of fog. Even though I spend almost two hours there, the fog is sometimes worse on my return trip. I am surprised at how many people drive in such fog without any headlights on. I realize that the lights may not illuminate much of the path for you, and having your bright lights on can make it worse. But even having on your parking lights helps other drivers see where you are.

This morning on the way back I saw a large rafter of turkeys right beside the road. (As far as I can tell from my research, that is the correct term. Whatever. Such names for groups are fluid.) A bit further down the road, I hit a patch of particularly dense fog. I was glad the turkeys were not there. Then I saw coming out of that heavy fog about two car-lengths ahead of me (fortunately on their side of the road) a smart car with no lights on.

Smart car? Not smart driver.

Maybe that was the real turkey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen any of the videos of Smart Cars in auto accidents- after viewing how easily they can wreck and the aftermath- there is no WAY I would get in one of those things!! Not to mention a scenerio of Smart car vs 18 wheeler!!!
Scary stuff, I tell you. VERY scary stuff!!

Sunny ITOAOLH...(In The Office And On Lunch Hour)