Thursday, October 1, 2015

Birthdays


Today is my little brother's birthday, so happy day to Ted! I will be discreet and not mention the year of his birth.

As it turns out, today is also the birthday of the woman who worked with me on the bookmobile. Kathie was born in the same year I was but on the month and date of my brother's birth. This makes it very easy for me to remember. 

I am taking her to lunch at her favorite place in the Dells, High Rock Cafe. She used to eat there at least once a week, but that is not possible now because she can no longer drive. I am pretty sure I already know what she will order: Soprano sandwich -- sautéed garlic shrimp with bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomatoes finished with a tomato basil mayonnaise on whole grain toast. It is her regular. I cannot have shrimp, which always disappoints her because she is convinced the Soprano is the best thing on the menu. I usually opt for the Tree Hugger Wrap -- sauteed peppers, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, potato chips, mixed greens and homemade hummus finished with tomato basil mayonnaise. Or I may go with fish tacos ...

If you are ever in the area, I recommend High Rock wholeheartedly.

No comments: