Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Michael's morning maybes

Maybe it was seeing the threat of snow. (Okay, at most the threat of a snowflake or two mixed in with rain.) Maybe it was because Wednesday is my usual break day from the gym. Maybe it was the rainy morning and chilly temperatures. Maybe it was the fact that I woke up at about three in the morning and did not doze off again until after five. At which point, Sundance decided to come into my room, roam around mumbling loudly and periodically jumping on the bed to walk over me as a reminder that I was in bed and she was ready for her morning snacks. I pulled the comforter tight and tried to ignore the feline complaints, but by seven o'clock, I gave up. So I started the day off with a sleep deficit.

Whatever it was, and it was probably a combination of all those things, my energy level this morning has been minimal. I am not feeling low emotionally, not feeling fatigued, just feeling unmotivated to accomplish anything. I did go to the gym to talk to the manager about what I need to do with the membership when we move. He wasn’t there, although it was during regular office hours. I waited around for a bit and played with my tablet, but Jeremy did not show up. There is no rush on this, so no big deal. I am there five days a week but too early for office hours. I will manage, though. After that futile effort, I went to the supermarket to pick up stuffed pork chops for Tom to prepare for dinner tonight. Then back home to look at my writing projects but not to do anything with them. 

Maybe after lunch …

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

is maybe after lunch the same as jam tomorrow/