Saturday, October 10, 2015

NaNoWriMo update

Well, I just finished  my last preparation session for the library patrons who plan to participate in National Novel Writing Month in November.  A dozen people showed up at sessions, but it looks like only six or seven will try to do a novel. My original idea had been that it would be a success if we had five or six, so we are in the ballpark.

While I was talking with my NaNoWriMo people this morning, a woman came in to ask if I would help her with a chidren's book she has written. I gave her my number and told her to call me next week. I know very little about that market, but I have a friend who has written and published a number of children's books. I told the woman today that I may not be able to help,  but I think I can point her in some directions. There are lots of online resources as well as things we can order for her from the library system. I think my friend will be willing to talk to her about her experiences. She writes primarily juvenile fiction, but I know she has tried her hand at picture books, which seems to be what interests this woman.

Now to settle down and wait for our company to arrive. It is a beautiful day for their drive up here, cool and lots of foliage colors. Tom is feeling under the weather, however, and I suspect we will not be joining them for their Ishnala excursion. Which is just as well. It has been a crazy week!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

congratulations on the writing!