Monday, October 12, 2015

That's better!

What with one thing and another -- cleaning house to prepare for guests, cleaning house again to prepare for a viewing, hosting (sort of) guests, holding a NaNoWriMo prep session at the library ...

Anyway, today was the first day since last Thursday that I managed to get to the gym. I still got a lot of walking done each day -- about ten miles total per day according to Fitbit -- but that is not the same as a good ninety-minute session on the treadmill. I feel much better today as a result. 

Tom, who always looks ahead, decided that today is the day to take the rugs out onto the drive and shampoo them. It is a sunny, dry and windy day and perhaps the last chance to get this done before the weather turns on us. (We may have frost by Friday.) So we got the rugs out, he ran our shampooer and I swept and mopped the areas of the living room, dining room, library and his office that had previously been covered by rugs. Now we are waiting for the sun and wind to dry the rugs so that we can get the rooms put back together later in the afternoon. 


Needless to say, the cats are discombobulated. I tried to explain to Sundance what was going on but she did the feline equivalent of putting her paws over her ears and meowing, "LA, LA, LA, LA, LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!"

I can hardly wait until it is time to tell her all about moving to Madison. Fortunately Casssiy is better about the whole "accept the things I cannot change" approach. She gives me a look and then moves on.
I also got some more prep work of my own done for NaNoWriMo and blew my seasonal shoe budget by getting a pair of Doc Martens. I got a good price, but it tingled my frugal temperament to pay it.

No comments: